Your book has all the elements Hollywood wants—an exciting plot, well-developed characters and fresh content—yet there’s still a crucial piece you need in order to be taken seriously by established entertainment executives.
A treatment is a thoroughly developed guide that outlines how a screenwriter would adapt your book into a fully-developed screenplay. As the framework used to transform your work into another medium, Hollywood Treatment is the first step to drafting a screenplay. Not only does it provide the structure for the screenplay, but it also ensures that you and your screenwriter are on the same page regarding the direction your story is taking.
By defining exactly how a screenwriter is going to approach the adaption of your book, you eliminate work for agents, studios and producers. By giving them a shortcut to the essence of your book, you can clearly demonstrate that your book has what it takes to succeed on the silver screen.
Once your Hollywood Treatment is complete, we will submit it to our first-look Hollywood partner, 5 More Minutes, who will review your work as a potential adaptation for film and television.
HOW IT WORKS:
- From our network of screenwriters, we’ll match you with the one who best complements your book’s story and genre.
- Your professional screenwriter will provide a thorough five to ten-page treatment detailing how he or she plans to adapt your book’s manuscript into a film and/or television screenplay.
- Once your treatment is prepared, it will be considered for TV or movie adaption by 5 More Minutes.
- If 5 More Minutes is interested in working with you, they will contact you directly and explain their plan of action to gauge your interest.
- If after reviewing your treatment 5 More Minutes decides not to engage with your concept, we’ll enter your treatment into our Hollywood Database where movie and television writers, agents, directors and producers have access to the information.
- The screenwriter waives all rights to the treatment, so you maintain full ownership of your story
Please note: Hollywood Treatment provides an adaptation based on your book. Details in your plot, characters, etc. may change in order to best fit movie and/or television production. Please do not attempt to contact 5 More Minutes directly or your project will immediately be removed from consideration.
About 5 More Minutes
5 More Minutes is a full-service production shingle run by veteran
Hollywood executive John Sacchi. Sacchi has spent over two decades in the
entertainment industry. Before founding 5 More Minutes, Sacchi spent 15 years
as a senior production and development executive at Lionsgate Films where he
oversaw films including Confidence, Employee of the Month, They Came Together, My
Bloody Valentine, The Possession, Killers, The Last Stand, Addicted, Conan the
Barbarian, Punisher, My Best Friend’s Girl, Pride, and Akeelah and the Bee.
Some of the current projects 5 More Minutes is developing include an English
language remake of Instructions not Included, directed by Anne Fletcher for
Lionsgate; Vanish Man directed by Lee Toland Krieger and co-produced for 21
Laps and Lionsgate; Dork Diaries, which is based on the New York Times best selling
children's book series and produced for Lionsgate; and the New York Times best selling
author's Rogues Gallery, which is being produced for Lionsgate Television.
Learn More | Hollywood Treatment
If you are serious about turning your book into a movie or television series, Hollywood Treatment is an aggressive approach to reaching your goal. To learn more or to order our Hollywood Treatment service, please call a LifeRich Publishing representative at 888-238-8637.